You’ve probably noticed that we haven’t been posting much lately. No, this isn’t because we’ve been lazy or anything. It’s because we’ve been going through some personal stuff, to say the least.

A couple weeks ago, one of our bloggers (esr is was a 2 person team) visited a restaurant in the Metro Vancouver area and enjoyed a nice meal with friends. When he got home, he started feeling ill.

Fast forward a couple days and he was still feeling “off”. He went for a checkup and it was discovered that he had gotten botulism from his meal that night. Botulism is a rare but serious paralytic illness caused by botulin toxin. Sadly, it turned out to be deadly in this case.

Due to legal reasons, we can’t mention the name of the restaurant yet. Rest assured though, that once the legal restrictions are lifted we’ll post our review; it’ll be less than glowing.

Although we’ve lost a key member of the ESR team, we’ll soldier on. Stay tuned to our blog. We have some killer restaurant reviews coming!

Eat safe friends.

Advertisements